News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Anyone know anything about remote control airplanes?

Started by Anonymous, February 28, 2013, 08:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I would like to purchase a remote control airplane for my husband and son for Easter..

They already have a remote control truck, but my husband doesn't know much about airplanes..

We saw one in a park last summer that could fly high and drop water balloons..

That is the type I would like to get for them..

I haven't set a budget yet because I don't know anything about them including where to buy them..

Any advice any poster can offer would be a big help.

Vancouver

I have seen one guy fly a remote plane at the park. Have no Idea how they levitate. Remote helicopters have their propellers. How in the world does a remote airplane fly?

Anyways, I think fasionista should get a quality one. Spend at least $250.
Time is malleable

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I would like to purchase a remote control airplane for my husband and son for Easter..

They already have a remote control truck, but my husband doesn't know much about airplanes..

I haven't set a budget yet because I don't know anything about them including where to buy them..

I have no idea when the easter is but you should order a RC-plane from the web.

The most fancy airplanes are most likely made by the owner.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I have seen one guy fly a remote plane at the park. Have no Idea how they levitate. Remote helicopters have their propellers. How in the world does a remote airplane fly?

I am sure you are right VancouverGuy, but what stores sell them?

None of the big chain stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Visions, Future Shop etc  seem to sell them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I would like to purchase a remote control airplane for my husband and son for Easter..

The last Friday in March is Easter Friday this year..

I do not want to order something from the net that I don't know anything about..

I would like to find a place that sells them and then order one from the internet.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I do not want to order something from the net that I don't know anything about..

I would like to find a place that sells them and then order one from the internet.

There are brochures and user ratings.

I know a guy who is an airplane-mechanic for the Finnair.

He builds these remote controlled air-planes as a hobby.

He made a messerschmidt bf109 which is a WW2 luftwaffen fighter.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

There are brochures and user ratings.I know a guy who is an airplane-mechanic for the Finnair.

He builds these remote controlled air-planes as a hobby.

He made a messerschmidt bf109 which is a WW2 luftwaffen fighter.

Where are they Mr Odinson?

It doesn't have to look like a fighter plane, but it has to have the ability to drop water balloons..

I might consider placing an order with your friend if I can't find one I like in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I have seen one guy fly a remote plane at the park. Have no Idea how they levitate. Remote helicopters have their propellers. How in the world does a remote airplane fly?

That is probably the low end for what Fash wants it to do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

That is probably the low end for what Fash wants it to do.

I don`t have any idea seoulbro..

This weekend I will start doing some research into remote control planes..

I hope I can get an idea of what kind of planes are available and how much they cost.

Zetsu

It might be better to buy the best value ready to fly kits from online instead of the limited options from retail, unless there's some pro hobby shop around.

http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/miscellaneous/best-rc-electric-planes-compared-reviewed.html">http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/m ... iewed.html">http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/miscellaneous/best-rc-electric-planes-compared-reviewed.html
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"It might be better to buy the best value ready to fly kits from online instead of the limited options from retail, unless there's some pro hobby shop around.

http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/miscellaneous/best-rc-electric-planes-compared-reviewed.html">http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/m ... iewed.html">http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/miscellaneous/best-rc-electric-planes-compared-reviewed.html

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much Mr Zetsu..

I had a feeling you might know something about this..

You seem like one of those boys that knows something about almost everything..

Have a great weekend Zetsu, I am on my way to meet Pinay for lunch.

:D

Frost

I would suggest a trainer plane, and not that expensive for a first one, they get smashed up fast .

Your still spending around $100 or more for a good one. You can find some cheaper also that are decent, but something nice looking is usually a little more.

I don't fly them, but have talked to a few that have, and that's the advice they always gave me.

They all crash, even the pros.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I would suggest a trainer plane, and not that expensive for a first one, they get smashed up fast .

Your still spending around $100 or more for a good one. You can find some cheaper also that are decent, but something nice looking is usually a little more.

I don't fly them, but have talked to a few that have, and that's the advice they always gave me.

They all crash, even the pros.

Thanks for the advice Mr Blue.

:)

Frost

Your very welcome.

Yeah they are expensive, and starters are the way to go since it will likely get smashed up sometime.

I found it to expensive to get into myself, but it's fun.

Frost

Yes, they make them just for beginners to learn with before going to harder to fly ones, and more expensive.